Create a cuddly crochet octopus amigurumi with this easy-to-follow pattern! Perfect for beginners, you'll make a cute, huggable toy or home decor piece.
The Crochet Octopus Amigurumi Pattern features a cute, spherical body with eight adorable, curly tentacles. Created by crocheting in the round, the robust shape and intricate details make it incredibly lifelike. This easy-to-follow pattern produces soft and huggable octopi, perfect for a delightful homemade gift.
Step By Step Guide
- Yarn in two colors (pink and white)
- Crochet hook in size 3.5mm
- Polyester fiberfill
- Black safety eyes
- Yarn needle
- Start with the pink yarn and make a magic ring.
- Crochet 6 single crochets (sc) into the ring.
- Increase in each stitch around (12 sc).
- Continue crocheting rounds of SC, increasing in every other stitch until you have 48 stitches.
- Change to white yarn and crochet 2 rounds of sc without increasing.
- Stuff the body firmly with polyester fiberfill.
- Crochet 2 more rounds of sc with white yarn, then decrease in every other stitch (24 sc).
- Crochet one final round of SC with white yarn and close off the hole.
- Attach the pink yarn to the body just below the head and chain 30.
- Turn your work and crochet sc back down the chain, making sure to work into both loops of each stitch.
- When you reach the end of the chain, chain 2 and turn your work.
- Crochet sc in each stitch back down to the body.
- Repeat steps 2-4 seven more times so that you have a total of eight tentacles.
- Weave in the ends of the yarn and trim the tentacles to be even.
- Sew on the black safety eyes to the top of the head.
- Add a blush to the cheeks with pink embroidery floss.
- You can also embroider a smile or other facial features if you like.
- Use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round.
- If you have trouble stuffing the body, use a chopstick or other blunt object to push the stuffing in.
- Be careful not to overstuff the body, as this can make it difficult to crochet the tentacles.
- If you make a mistake, don't worry! Just frog (undo) your stitches back to the mistake and start over.
With a little practice, you should be able to crochet this adorable amigurumi octopus in no time!